By: Jason Shudy
Today being Valentine’s Day and all I thought it was appropriate to outline why we love PRINT. As a blog that provides you informative articles and information on all things print all the time we needed to show print our love.
- Print has staying power. The printing press was invented in 1440. Offset printing in 1875 and digital printing in 1991.
- Print has evolved over time. Dare I say better then any other technology.
- Print can come in multiple forms from sell sheets to banners to postcards.
- Multiple finishing techniques can enhance any print piece.
- The brain prefers printing….see for yourself-HMMM…The Brain Prefers Paper
- Many things can be printed from paper to plastic. Canada has plastic money now.
- Catalogs! They apparently died with the internet and then came back. More on the new catalog here.
- Personalization!!! This has only helped print grow in the digital age. Kit Kat even started adding personalization to packaging.
- Color is complex and have you seen the Pantone factory?
- Print is making a comeback in 2017!
So why do you love print?